February 16, 2013

Renfrew #3: Red Cowl



Per my logic on pattern prices, this third Renfrew means that the pattern was free!


After seeing several more Renfrews online, I noticed that some people have been using sweatshirt fleece – and they look comfy!  I went to Rose City Textiles looking for sweatshirt knit but their selection was not great. I perused their sale room and came across this awesome fabric 50% off! It's a performance fleece, and very warm.

It doesn't have as much stretch as jersey so I had to fiddle with the pattern sizing once again. I basically went bigger all around, but tried to keep the shoulders narrower.



Since I liked the look of the wrong side of the fabric (maybe a little more than the right side even), I opted to turn the inside layer of the cowl wrong side out, along with the sleeve bands.



This is the closest I've come to making a winter appropriate top. I only wish that I had added pockets.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...