December 9, 2012

Flutter Sweater for Freya

I can't believe it, but my niece Freya is 1 already. Where did the last year go?

To mark the occasion I crocheted her a little sweater tunic in my favorite color (I'm attempting to make it Freya's too). The pattern was published in Bev's Country Cottage but I found it here on Ravelry. It uses the shell stitch and it's meant to be worn over a shirt or onesie.




Mine has a few variations, most noticeably is that I didn't use buttons on the front, but rather a tie on the back. It could also be the front is one if so inclined. I thought the tie would allow for it to be worn longer, while the buttons would constrict it more.
 
Also, since Freya is 12 months old, I used a thicker gauge yarn and larger hook to make the sweater fit. It turns out I went a little too large...

The girl still looks super adorable! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...