October 11, 2012

Scout Tee: Gray Floral


At the same time that I was wandering the aisles of Mill End looking for a print fabric for my last Wiksten, I came across this floral rayon. I was initially drawn to it because of the gray and purple colorway - so very much my colors. I was a little nervous about the rayon because I've only ever sewn with cotton before, but I felt like it was time to branch out, and after a quick call to my mother for reassurance, I splurged. I had no project in mind until I read Miranda's post about the Grainline Scout Tee. She was so enamored of the pattern, and the price was right, that I decided to give it a go.

This is a quick and easy shirt to sew up and the rayon posed no problem after I switched to a micro needle (the regular needle, even the smallest one, punched holes in the fabric). The shirt was a little wide in my shoulders so I gathered the neckline slightly before I attached the bias tape around the neck opening.  I actually like the slight detail this adds because I think it could be a boring shirt otherwise. I'd like to try a version of this where I add a keyhole to the neckline. All in all I'm pleased, and it's a nice addition to my wardrobe when I want to wear jeans but need a nicer shirt for work.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...