April 10, 2012

Wh is for Whale




Baby McKenna will soon arrive, and last month I celebrated with Rebecca & Ryan at their baby shower. 


My gift to them was a whale mobile, handsewn from wool felt. Mama whale is sporting spots, while the baby whales have little patterns embroidered on their bellies. The whale theme came from Rebecca's love of the Oregon coast, Ryan's recent stints of living on a boat in the Caribbean, and their family connections to Maine and Boston. Whales seemed like a good embodiment of those places, as well as being kid-friendly. The shades of blue are meant to represent the varied shades of the ocean, and I hope, have a calming affect on little Liam. 


 



And because I'm on a baby kick, I also whipped up some bibs with fabric scraps leftover from the sleep shorts. The back of the bibs is PUL, and they close with little pearl snaps. One went to baby McKenna, and the other is in my stash waiting for the next baby to arrive. 


I also whipped up another pacifier clip because they are so simple and so handy if the baby is going to use a pacifier.




















And lastly, I couldn't forget Rebecca herself, who just celebrated her birthday.
 


A little braided leather bracelet, similar to the ones I made my sisters for Christmas.



*Update*

Wondering how that mobile looks or that pacifier clip works? 

Liam models the pacifier clip


1 comment:

The Mighty RandR said...

We love all the goodies Abby! You are incredibly talented and we are lucky to be the recipients of such well-crafted handiwork!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...