November 1, 2010

Ohio: part V

Collection of type

One thing that I was really looking forward to on our recent trip to Ohio was getting to play around with Sara and Bobby's Vandercook letterpress. They create all sorts of awesome things with it for their company Just A Jar Design Press (see some of their wares for sale here), and I wanted to see what it was like. Coming from the computer world, it was a whole new way to work with type, but after I got started it was really fun. One can be very creative with this thing!

Picking out my letters


Set type (Sara and Bobby had to set my type for me)


Getting my printin' clothes on




Sara mixing my ink, trying to achieve just the right color


Applying ink to the rollers



Feeding my paper through the press - stay tuned for a future post on what I made.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...